- Up to date on COVID-19 vaccine primary series and booster(s).
- All students who were born or have lived outside of the United States must provide proof of a negative PPD or a negative blood test 6 months prior entry into UCLA (T-Spot or Quantiferon Gold test).
- Complete Tuberculosis risk screening questionnaire on the Ashe Patient Portal forms tab.
- Students who have any “yes” answers on the questionnaire are at higher risk for TB infection and must submit aNegative IGRA (T-Spot, QuantiFERON®-TB test) within the 6-month period preceding entry to UCLA. If the result is positive, proof of a negative Chest X-Ray is required. Those with a previous positive TB test must submit proof of a negative Chest X-Ray done within the 6-month period preceding entry to UCLA.
- 2 doses of MMR on or after the first birthday or positive MMR titers (blood test). If the first dose was given prior to age one, a 3rd dose is needed.
- 2 doses of Varicella on or after the first birthday or a positive Varicella titer (blood test).
- Tdap on or after the age of 7 years.
- Meningococcal (MenACYW) on or after the age of 16. (Only for 21 years and younger).
- Seasonal Influenza vaccine given after August 1st of entering year for students who are learning, living or working on campus.
Requirements Unavailable in Home Country
If you are unable to obtain Tdap immunization (or any other immunization/blood test) in your home country, please plan to attend our Immunization Fair. Appointments will become available after August 1st. Schedule an appointment online through the Patient Portal. Choose the option: INCOMING STUDENTS 2021 Immunization Requirement.
Studying Remotely Outside US
International Students studying remotely out of country will be granted extensions for vaccines that are not available in their location. If you will remain outside the United States for the Fall quarter and can’t get your required vaccinations, first check the medical clearances section to see if you have already been given an exception.To contact us, log into thePatient Portal. Select “Messages” and chose the “Immunization Requirement Question” option. Explain your request and we will work with you to avoid an enrollment hold.
Translated Forms in Simplified Chinese
How to proceed:
- Submit your Statement of Intent to Register SIR/SLR.
- Allow 2 business days after submitting your SIR/SLR before attempting to access the Ashe Patient Portal.
- Be prepared! Gather all of the information you’ll need to complete your requirements online.
- To begin the process of completing your Immunization Requirement, click the Patient Portal link in the top right corner of this page.
- Once you are logged in, from Home page, click “Complete My Immunization Requirements”.
- Enter all of the requested dates and immunization information.
- Upload images or PDF files of your immunization records, laboratory tests, and/or chest x-ray by clicking the UPDATE button next to “Immunization Upload” on the Medical Clearances tab.
- To submit records from your primary care doctor, download and complete the Immunization Worksheet for outside providers and submit through the Patient Portal.
- To receive your immunizations in person at The Ashe Center before the October 1 deadline, schedule an appointment online through the Patient Portal. Choose the option: INCOMING STUDENTS 2021 Immunization Requirement