- Updated COVID-19 vaccine or declination
- Positive MMR titer OR proof of receipt of 2 doses of MMR vaccine (first dose needs to be on or after first birthday).
- Positive Varicella titer OR proof of receipt of 2 doses of Varicella vaccine (first dose needs to be on or after first birthday).
- Positive Hepatitis B surface antibody titer (HBsAb): Students not already immune to Hep B must have at least 2 doses of the Hep B series before class starts (or show proof of positive Hepatitis B surface Antigen). The entire Hepatitis B requirement must be completed by the first day of the spring semester or you will not be able to continue.
- Negative IGRA (T-Spot, QuantiFERON®-TB test) within 6 months. If the result is positive, proof of negative Chest X-Ray is required.
- Tdap: 1 dose after age 7 & Td or Tdap booster within 10 years.
- Meningococcal conjugate (Serogroups A,C,Y & W 135): Only for students under 22 years old: 1 dose on or after age 16.
- Seasonal Influenza vaccine given after August 1st of entering year.
How To Comply With The UC Immunization Requirements:
- Submit your Statement of Intent to Register SIR/SLR.
- Please allow 2 business days after submitting your SIR/SLR before attempting to access The Ashe Center Patient Portal.
- Sign in to The Ashe Center Patient Portal.
- Once you are logged in, from Home page, click “Complete My Immunization Requirement.”
- Enter all of the requested dates and immunization information.
- Complete TB Screening Questionnaire by selecting the update tab.
- Upload images or PDF files of your immunization records, laboratory tests, and/or chest x-ray by clicking "UPDATE" on the "Immunization Upload" tab.
- You can check your compliance status from The Ashe Center Patient Portal by selecting Medical Clearance.
- Allow 4 weeks for your student records to be updated. You can check your compliance status online by logging in and selecting “Medical Clearances.”
- If your immunization are listed as “Self-reported” after one month, contact The Ashe Center through The Ashe Center Patient Portal. Once logged in, choose “Messages” > “New Message”, then select “Immunization Requirement Question.” Explain you are a dental student requesting for your records to be verified.
- To receive your immunizations in person at The Ashe Center, schedule an appointment online through The Ashe Center Patient Portal. Choose the option: “INCOMING STUDENTS Immunization Requirement”
IMPORTANT: Once you have met all requirements, send a copy of your full Ashe Center Immunization Events section and Medical Clearances page to SOD Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Health Clearance.
Health Clearance Requirements must be completed BEFORE Orientation Week in order to fulfill the mandate.